Saturday, November 28, 2009

Fore the record

OK, so like most people who are avid golfers, I woke up yesterday to the golf channel informing me that Tiger was in an accident.  My intial reaction was, OK, he is human.  But the way this is shaking out, maybe not so much.  Refusing to talk to the police for two days now?  What gives Tiger?  Let me preface what is to follow by stating that I have never been Tiger's biggest fan.  I respect the man and will never try to detract from what he has accomplished and brought to the game.  But I am more a fan of the scrappers, the Padrig Harrington and Corey Pavins in the golf world.
Now, onto my theories:
Was Tiger drunk?  I doubt it, he has spent too much time building a squeaky clean image to create any kind of stir.
Was it a health issue?  Possibly, but unlikely.  The man appears to be in the best shape of his career.  Although, this is the kind of thing that happens to people who have seizures. While I have only had one seizure in my life and am glad it did not happen while I was driving, I can understand how something like this could happen.  Blacking out while driving could certainly point you in the direction of the nearest fire hydrant.
My honest opinion is that this was a domestic issue.  It happens in the wee hours following one of the biggest family holidays of the year?  Both rear windows of his vehicle were smashed out?  Why both windows? His wife was found standing over him?  How fast could he have been traveling to hit a fire hydrant and a tree?  Seems odd to me.  Why smash both rear windows? Was there not a second set of car keys in the house?  Did his wife run back to get the club or did she run out of the house with it?  Something doesn't smell right.  Why not discuss what happened with the police unless you're trying to cover something up?  I'm just saying.
For the record Tiger, the week before your event, why don't you come clean about what really happened?

No comments:

Post a Comment